Friday, July 3, 2009

Shrimp Salad, Yummy Yummy

Jose wanted ceviche for dinner tonight, but I didn't have anything but the shrimp to make it. He did a pour out in the desert with 115* weather & was beat from the heat!
So I scrambled up a salad that turned out phenomenal!

Shrimp Salad
Shrimp
~Shrimp (I did 40 for Jose, Dominic & I)
~Lemon Pepper, Basil, Salt & Pepper
~Olive Oil
I placed the shrimp in a bag with about 1TBS of olive oil, the lemon pepper, basil, salt & pepper. Let that marinade about an hour or more.

Dressing
~1 Grapefruit, juiced into a bowl & zested (about 1 tsp)
~Strawberry Preserves
~1 TBS Olive Oil
~Salt & Pepper
Put it all into a bowl & whisk, set aside in fridge to let it all marry.


Salad
~Mixed Salad Greens
~1 Grapefruit cut up
~10 Strawberries quartered


Put the shrimp on top of the salad & drizzle with the dressing.


It was definitely a hit!

0 comments: